Laos passport holders do not need Vietnam entry visa for their trip to Vietnam with below conditions:
- Max. stay is 30 days;
- Passport with validity at least 6 months;
- Not in the list of people that are banned from entering Vietnam;
Entry visa is required for people who do not meet the above conditions.
There is Vietnam Embassy in Vientiane (see below). You can go there to get Vietnam entry visa.
In case you are far away from the Embassies or you just don't want to deal with paperwork, you should apply visa on arrival. With visa on arrival, you can (only) get Vietnam visa at Vietnam airport.
Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in Lao PDR
No. 85, 23 Singha Road, Ban Phonxay, Saysettha District, Vientiane Capital
Tel: + 856 21451990 or +856 21413403
Fax: +856 21 413379
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Vietnamese Consulate General in Luangprabang
Address: No. 15/II, Wat That Village, Phothisalath Road, Luangprabang Town, Luangprabang Province, Laos.
Tel: (856 - 71) 254747
Fax: (856 - 71) 254746
Consulate General of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in Paksé, Laos
- Address: No 31 Phabat, Paksé, Champasak
* Consul general: Office: (00 856) 31214199 Home: (00 856) 31252947
* Bureau: (00 856) 31212827, ext 29
* Consular service: (00 856) 31212827, ext 26
* Bureau: (00 856) 31212058
* Consular service: (00 856) 31214140
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Office hours: from 7:30 to 11:30 and 14:00 to 16:30, Monday through Friday. We are closed to the public on both Vietnamese and Laos holidays.
Vietnamese Consulate General in Savanakhet
Address: No.118, Sisavangvong, Kayson Phomvihan district, Savannakhet province, Laos
Tel: (856) 41 212418; Mobile: (856) 20 5541259
Fax: (856) 41 212182